Monday, May 28, 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean

Mowgli and I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean today. When he suggested it, I said that we should wait for Boo and C and all go see it together. He looked at me incredulously and said, "They are at Disneyworld; I think it's okay for us to go to a movie without them" so we did.

It was a lot of fun, especially after the disappointment of the second one. It was very dark and violent and definitely not for younger kids but very entertaining and suspenseful. Humor was either very dry and surprising or very broad and silly. If you liked the first one and hated the second (like we did), you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I won't give away the plot except to say that the loose ends tie up nicely but unexpectedly. No real message or moral except "The beautiful people always survive--all the others are expendable" and "We like dads." Sometimes it's fun to see a movie with absolutely no redeeming value!

No comments: