Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Getting back to work

Two things:

In the last week, I've had three de facto counseling sessions and I've learned something: This is what I do. This is what gives me life. I know, I know . . . "duh." But I've had some time off and I've really, really, really enjoyed it and I was starting to dread going back to work. Now I remember why, a lot of the time, it doesn't even feel like work. It's time to get busy again.

Which brings me to the second thing:

I have an interview with a board member from the Samaritan Center Friday morning at 10 a.m. Ask God to give me wisdom to discern whether this is the place for me. The friend who set up the meeting said, "I think Samaritan will give you a big enough backyard to play in." Ask God to help me know the truth and especially the unspoken truth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is what you do and do exceedingly well!!!! You are GIFTED (and that means more than just being really good!) in that respect, so it is also a part of who you are. I will definitely be praying for you on your interview. I don't really understand why you just can't stay home and write on your blog all day though. I LOVE reading it!! What a great idea! I'll perfect e-mail a little longer and then, maybe one day....

KC said...

Reminds me of the time a friend who had traveled to China several times, collected hundreds of books and was totally fixated on the country asked us to pray for her because she was worried she was talking herself into a "calling" there rather than really hearing from God. She turned to us and said, "I mean, really, you love China as much as I do, right?" Having all traveled there we looked directly at her and replied, "No. God's calling, not you. Deal with it." I think when you love what you do as much as you do then the answer to calling is clear. I'm sooooo thrilled you are who you are where you are. (though i miss you terribly)