Monday, September 24, 2007

Dead ends and possibilities

More dead ends, more disappointment . . .

C and I sat at the kitchen table for a long time Friday, going back over my options for ministry here in Austin. We eliminated the options that no longer seem to be options and added a few new possibilities to the mix, including the one I've been resisting--trying to launch something completely on my own.

The best part of the whole conversation was the fact that I was doing this with my best friend who loves me and believes in me and struggles with me. He even shared with me his Sacred And Magical Legal Pad, helping me to organize my next steps. He reminds me of who I am and gives me courage to be that person. I'm beyond blessed.

The worst part of the whole thing is accepting the reality that I can't make the world give me what I want!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you on that! It's times like this that we need that universal remote control. BUT...as a friend once shared with me (out of her abundance of wisdom) that a universal remote control does not, in fact, allow you to control the universe. (and that you would probably just be disappointed.) Oh well...I think I would at least try it and take the risk of being disappointed!! :-) You are MORE than qualified and gifted to do anything you want to do! Unfortunately, due to the universal remotes being so unreliable, it does fall back on you to make it happen! Love you and praying for you!

Electric Monk said...

Hang in there. There's no way God doesn't have something AMAZING planned for you.

And I'd love to hear more about this Magical and Secret Legal Pad sometime. That definitely sounds like a C-ism!