Thursday, March 6, 2008

Political buzz

I am loving this political season--not just because it's been so suspenseful and unpredictable but because everyone is talking about it. By everyone, I mean everyone! I voted in a primary for only the second time in my life last week and while waiting in line (30 minutes--for early voting!), the buzz around me was so energetic and engaging. Every day, Mowgli wants to talk about the latest developments and we all sit around the table or the TV talking about issues and values and strategies with Boo listening and occasionally joining in. Today, my mom and I talked about different aspects of the various campaigns for more than an hour. In our family, we have supported up to three different candidates at a time (we're now down to two) but the dialogues have been unifying, not divisive. I love it!

No comments: