Saturday, January 9, 2010

I did it!

Tonight, I did a polar bear swim! I'm a member of a birthday club made up of women from my church and each month, the birthday girl gets to choose the activity. When Holly decided that we would do a polar bear swim in the pool behind her house, we had no idea that the second Saturday in January would be a weekend of record cold! This picture sets the stage:


There were four of us who decided to actually do it and here we are before:




And here we are after:

Just for the record, last night's low was 19 degrees. Today's high was 41. As you can see, the sun was going down when we did this at 6 p.m. It was so fun!

3 comments:

Janet said...

I knew you were brave before, but ow I have a whole new level of respect!

Trisha said...

I WAS brave!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Trisha! You are a courageous woman in many ways. Courageous is always encouraged when you add a dash of craziness. Wow!