Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tonight

It's Thursday evening and the end of the week and I am unbelievably glad. This was a day of ugliness--of hurt people hurting each other--and I'm glad it's over for me and I'm sad that it's not over (and may never be) for them.

Tonight I'm sitting alone at home, trying to muster up the courage to write a homily for a friend's wedding and enjoying the silence. Tomorrow, I'll go shopping with another friend and out for breakfast to belatedly celebrate her birthday. Tomorrow night, my mom and dad are coming to town for dinner and to go with Boo and me to see Fiddler on the Roof. Saturday, I have only a few hours to get ready for the next week but I think it will be enough. (Poor Boo has to take an SAT practice test in the morning and then an SAT prep class all afternoon--that's enough to make me glad I'm me and not her!)

No comments: