Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm tired but it's a good kind of tired

My mom and I worked all day today and at the end of the day (believe it or not, by 4:00), we had made 36 meals to put in the freezer! (Thanks, mom!!) I wanted to take a picture to post here but I was too tired. Anyway, maybe we have a chance now to actually eat at home more often, even if it is just the three of us (or maybe because it is just the three of us.) We made taco meat and chicken tortilla soup and homemade spaghetti sauce and sloppy joes and hamburger patties (which do double duty in hamburgers and in snowy peaks*) and meatloaves and meatballs and lemon grilled chicken and barbecue chicken and just plain grilled chicken and King Ranch chicken casserole . . . I'm tired and happy.

*"snowy peaks" are Boo's favorite, invented by C's grandmother. Just put a hamburger patty on a saucer, then a slice of cheese and then a big dollop of mashed potatoes and then a sprinkling of shredded cheese on top.

No comments: