Monday, February 16, 2009

Baby steps

C and I went to the gym this morning and did the treadmill for half an hour. C has been going just about every single day--I'm very proud of him. Me, this was my first trip. I've been waiting to get completely back on my feet--after massive doses of Advil for four days, I think I'm finally there.

Anyway, can I just say that working out is not my thing! Now that I've gotten that out of the way, though, I think I'm learning to enjoy it just a bit more. I definitely have more energy when I exercise and I like the social aspect of it, visiting with my friend PB and with C. Actually, half our church has joined this gym, so the social aspect may be about to change dramatically. (Notice that I didn't say which way! We'll wait and see . . . )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great! Keep it up! I hate the thought exercising BEFORE I do it but I love the feeling afterward. I guess it's all the endorphins. So if I don't feel like doing it, I remind myself how good it feels afterward to get me motivated.